As we’ve said before, Spain is a dream wedding destination for many reasons, not least the amazing weather and fantastic venues. Read our blog about why get married in Spain and understand why we love organizing weddings here and helping brides achieve their perfect wedding under blue skies.
In this post we want to look at the options for winter weddings in Spain, as this is something many brides to be don’t consider. Marbella is stunning in the summer of course and you can combine your wedding with a beach honeymoon too, so it’s a great choice. However, what if you’re not a beach bunny, or you don’t want to wait until the summer, or pay the summer premiums?
Consider doing an autumn or winter wedding, it is a lot more affordable, with hotels and villas slashing their prices during the low season and flights being a fraction of the cost. Plus we’re lucky enough to have wonderful weather all year round here in Marbella and it will certainly knock the spots off the weather in the UK!
There’s also loads to do even if you’re not on the beach, you can indulge in sports such as golf, hiking, horse-riding and get pulses racing on quad bikes. You can also visit historic cities such as Granada, Seville, Cordoba and Jerez and soak up the culture in Malaga for a fantastic honeymoon with a difference.
How about a December wedding when the Christmas lights are twinkling and offer stunning photo opportunities for the evening? It’s a lovely time of year to visit Spain and you can organize amazing trips for your guests like Christmas shopping in the stunning city of Malaga, world-famous for their amazing Christmas lights, not to mention fantastic nightlife!
Here are our tips for making a winter wedding in Spain work for you –
- Work out your budget – Have a look at the difference in costs between a summer and winter wedding and work out how much more you could afford during the winter. This will allow you to make a good decision.
- Plan for all weathers – Whilst weather on the Costa del Sol is mild all year round and there are 300 days of sunshine each year, the winter is obviously cooler and less predictable, so you have to be prepared. Choose a venue which has inside and outside areas that you love and are flexible enough to change as weather dictates.
- Think about your dress – Even if you have a beautiful day for your ceremony it does get chilly in the evening, so think about a beautiful shrug or jacket to go with your dress so you feel and look great
- Theme the wedding around the season – An Autumn wedding with seasonal flowers and food and an autumnal colour scheme can be really beautiful and is highly original. We can really go to town with a Christmas wedding, creating a magical scene which you and your guests will never forget, with festive touches such as Santa for the kids, yet without the cold.
- Discover what Andalucia has to offer for your honeymoon – If you love history, culture and gastronomy, Andalucia is a wonderful honeymoon destination. It can be too hot to do much during the summer season, but in autumn and winter you can do a lot more. As I touched on before, we have a wealth of amazing cities to visit here, such as Granada with incredible Alhambra and old Medina. This is one of the most visited tourist sites in Spain and can be mobbed in the summer, but if you’re visiting in winter you will have a much more relaxed experience and the same goes for all the popular tourist attractions. Did you know you can even ski in Andalucia? So you could combine a visit to Malaga, Granada and Cordoba with a weekend in the mountains, for a wonderful honeymoon with a difference and just think how much further your money could go off-peak!
We hope this post has inspired you to think again about your options for a wedding in Spain. By choosing the Costa del Sol you have so many great venues, things to do and lovely weather all year round, so you can choose to wed in spring, summer, autumn or winter, the choice is yours!
Please let us know if we can help you create your perfect winter wedding and take away the stress of organizing a wedding in Spain. We have all the contacts, loads of experience and a passion for creating your perfect wedding at all times of the year. We look forward to hearing from you.
Explore our amazing wedding venues!
We have hand selected a number of our exclusive wedding venues that are available throughout the year. Discover, review, and then get in touch with us for more information and a private viewing. Please remember that we have worked with these venues for years and offer you the best deals and availability.
Leave a Reply