A lengthy process but if you have been a resident in Spain for 2 years or more then it is possible. You will need the paperwork to be done at least 6 months in advance as the process can be slow.
- Original birth certificate (accompanied by a sworn translation)
- Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from your local registry office or consulate.
- An original marriage and divorce certificate which must be presented and accompanied by a sworn translation.
- If widowed, then both the original marriage certificate and death certificate must be presented together with sworn translations.
- Certificate of Empadronimiento from the Town hall of the town in which you are a resident.
All documents that are in English must be stamped with the Hague Apostille.
Having a “symbolic” Wedding Ceremony is very popular with couples from abroad. We work with a selection of ministers to suit every style to make your day perfect.