Civil Ceremony

A lengthy process but if you have been a resident in Spain for 2 years or more then it is possible. You will need the paperwork to be done at least 6 months in advance as the process can be slow.

  • Original birth certificate (accompanied by a sworn translation)
  • Passport
  • Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from your local registry office or consulate.
  • An original marriage and divorce certificate which must be presented and accompanied by a sworn translation.
  • If widowed, then both the original marriage certificate and death certificate must be presented together with sworn translations.
  • Certificate of Empadronimiento from the Town hall of the town in which you are a resident.

All documents that are in English must be stamped with the Hague Apostille.


Having a “symbolic” Wedding Ceremony is very popular with couples from abroad. We work with a selection of ministers to suit every style to make your day perfect.

Catholic Church Ceremony

If one or both of you are Catholic then you can marry in a Catholic church or Chapel. Full mass is usually celebrated and you can often have your own family priest attending. The church wedding then has to be registered at the local registry office following the ceremony, which is a service we can help you with.

Gibraltar Civil Marriage

This is often the most popular way to sort out the paperwork. Couples can simply marry in the registry office in Gibraltar or if you prefer we can arrange for a wedding ceremony in the Alameda gardens or one of Gibraltar’s beautiful hotels.